Wednesday, July 30, 2014

MIND WAR by Andrew Klavan

I have read many Andrew Klavan books, but this first in the trilogy series is his absolute best.  From the very beginning of this book, I could not put it down.  I found myself bringing my tablet every where with me and finding any excuse to quickly read a chapter or two when I had a moment.

The story is about a young football star, Rick Dial, who was involved in an accident that crippled his legs.  He spent 4 months holed up in his room feeling sorry for himself and thinking how useless he was now.  He would spend hours and hours playing video games.  To the point, he got the attention of "higher-ups" that noticed his gaming scores were far surpassing any gamer on the internet.  With this in mind, they decided to "hi-jack" Rick to help them in a diabolical scheme from a Russian agent wanting to destroy America.  Throughout this whole book, Andrew Klavan did a masterful job of helping you to see what was going on in Rick Dial's mind and heart, while in the process, realizing he is slowly getting better and stronger.  I will warn you, that the second in the series will not be out till 2015.  In the meantime, I highly recommend this book, and am much anticipating the second book coming out next year.  You will not be disappointed, unless science fiction is truly not what you are interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment