Tuesday, December 17, 2013

BLESSED CHILD by Ted Dekker and Bill Bright

Okay, I admit it. I am a total Ted Dekker fan. I am slowly collecting all of his books. But Blessed Child and A Child Called Blessed, never seemed to pull at me. Through Booksneeze, as a reviewer, I decided to go ahead and review this book, since it IS a Ted Dekker book. There are a couple of things I want to point out. First and foremost, this story pulled at my heart. How the Bible says we are to "come as little children." Oh how, when I read this book, I felt I had lost that "little child" aspect of my walk with God. I have since then chosen to rekindle my "little child" walk with God. The book also points out how "if our faith is like the grain of a mustard seed" that we can do all things. Caleb was just that. He was untainted from the world, so therefore had a very close walk with God. Another aspect that I paid attention to, was that when he was locked up by Martha, his caregiver, she turned the TV on. The struggles Caleb went through and the slow methodical seeping into his soul what he had to listen to and eventually he succumbed to watching, put a wall up between him and his God. Until Caleb got on his face and repented, he was not able to feel the presence of his mighty God. This really brought home a point to me that too many times, as Christians, we let "things" into our homes that ought not to be there. Poor choices of reading material and yes, sitting and watching TV and wondering why we feel far from God or don't feel His presence like we used to. In this book, that Ted Dekker so artfully portrayed, was a life that we all should lead, like Caleb. Once the Christian world decides to make that step, and draw closer to God and feel what Caleb felt, it will take sacrifice. Giving up some things that we are reading, viewing, etc., to have that "little child" walk with God. I don't know about you all, but when I read this book, it made me yearn more for God and what Caleb had. And yes, you rest assured I will be reading the sequel. I urge you all that are reading this review. Read Blessed Child. But read it with an open heart and willing to obey what God is asking you to do. That still small voice. Thank you Ted Dekker once again for a wonderful spiritually insightful book. I was not disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment